Save the Child, Save the World is our mentoring program. We provide free mentoring services to at risk and low socioeconomic kids primarily those that are in the foster care system. We provide each child with a big sister or big brother and continually provide services throughout the year. We monitor the progress of each child until they are ready to graduate from high school. Throughout the year, we participate in activities such as: educational based field trips, book drives, feeding the homeless, community awareness, career development, job fairs, entrepreneur workshops, college fairs, talent shows, bowling nights, etc. Each year we offer 3 scholarships to those who are a part of our mentoring program who meet specific requirements.
• Must be an at risk kid who is a part of our mentoring program.
• Must be a graduating high school senior or currently enrolled college student.
• Must provide proof of college acceptance or tuition bill. (Graduating seniors, attach copy of college acceptance letter. Currently enrolled college student, attach tuition bill)
• Must write a 1-2 page personal statement which highlights your personality, goals, experiences, challenges, how you have overcome those challenges and why you should be considered for this award.
• Must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher. Must provide official proof from school and/or college.
• Deadline for application is September 1st of each year.
• Applications will be reviewed by the Board Members of TCD Kids Foundation.
• Scholarships will be mailed directly to the school.