Each year, TCD Kids Foundation hosts a creative writing contest as a way to promote writing and give back to the community. Students will be asked to answer one of the three essay questions. Be sure to use standard writing conventions and support your ideas with examples.
1. Think of a time when you faced a challenge. Write a story about that time, including how you dealt with the challenge and what its outcome was. Be sure to narrate an event or a series of events and to include specific details so that the reader can follow your story.
2. Write a story about a time when you taught something to someone. What you taught could be a song, an activity, a game a way of figuring out a homework problem, or something else. Be sure to narrate an event or a series of events and to include specific details so that the reader can follow your story.
3. Think about an event in your life that taught you an important lesson. Write a narrative in which you tell what happened and how you learned a lesson. Be sure to narrate an event or a series of events and to include specific details so that the reader can follow your story.
1st place: $125.00
2nd place: $75.00
3rd place: $50.00
- Only one essay per student may be submitted.
- Your essay must be 300-500 words.
- All essay’s should:
- be double-spaced
- have 1 inch margins
- include a header with the students last name and the page number
- include a cover page with the essay title, students full name, date of submission, and grade level
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12-pt font
- be in Microsoft Word or a compatible format
Entry Deadline: Entry must be postmarked by 11:59 pm PST. Only the person entering the essay is eligible to win. No substitutes with be accepted. Only one entry per person and only one person is allowed on the entry form.
Eligibility: Entrants must be a middle school student (6-8 grades) attending school in the United States. Student can attend a public or private school setting.
How to enter: Request applications here. Entrants must complete the application, obtain the proper signatures, and mail the essay and application to: TCD Kids Foundation, PO Box 207 Harbor City, CA 90710.